Thursday, July 7, 2016

Wiki

A few posts ago I was discussing some information that I found on Wikipedia regarding Marine Corps Drill Instructors. In my post, I included the original entry on Wikipedia as well as my new and improved entry that I altered. 

Just for fun I decided to get back on Wikipedia to see if any alterations had been made to my entry. To my surprise there was one small adjustment made to my writing. My sentence read:
As a Drill Instructor, you are directly involved in shaping the future of the United States Marine Corps.
The edited post read:
 A Drill Instructor is directly involved in shaping the future of the United States Marine Corps.

The change was minute. I imagine whoever edited the post did so because you are not talking to an individual who is already a Drill Instructor; you are describing the responsibilities of the position. The correction makes sense and reads better. I am pleased to see that the rest of my writing has survived to see another day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment