Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Beach Blanket Bingo

My kids love the water. I swear they were all born with gills and fins. Pair these attributes with a fearless personality and you have a recipe for disaster. 

Going to the beach is always a scary situation for me. I am always up to my knees in the water counting heads to make sure everyone is OK. My kids are always telling me to relax, but my attempts at relaxation are always in vain. 

My anxieties don't stop us though. It's on to the beach we go. Of course, I always pack my beach essentials, my earlier post details items that I won't leave home without! 

TimeOut.com put out a list of the best beaches for families around NYC. I have decided to summarize my favorites and share this information with you. 

  • Coney Island. Located in Brooklyn. You can hit the beach, some carnival rides, the aquarium, Nathan's hotdogs and people watch all in one day. There's never a dull moment here!
  •  Jacob Riis Park Beach. Great for the kiddos who love airplanes. This beach is out towards the JFK approach, so they can watch the planes go by. TimeOut recommends packing a lunch and settling in for the day. I love getting here early with the kids, it's nice and quiet.
  • Jones Beach. Miles of beach to take advantage, but it is best to get there early to ensure you get prime parking. Jones Beach also has a pool that is inexpensive if you want to get out of the salt water. I also suggest packing a lunch as the lines can be long for the vendors.
  • Manhattan Beach. Less crowded than Brighton Beach, but located on the same peninsula. This beach offers access to beach volleyball, handball courts, and a pirate ship play area. 

There a many more beaches that NYC has to offer. These are a few of my favorite haunts. For more information make sure you head on over to TimeOut.


Remember, a body in motion  . . . stays in motion!

No comments:

Post a Comment