Sunday, July 3, 2016

Run Faster!

I have to admit that I am a running geek! I love all things about running. Whenever I race I get so inspired. Anyone can run, the open road turns no person away. I get a rush from all the well wishers standing along the side of the road holding up signs of inspiration and cheering the runners along. I love the feeling of accomplishment whenever I cross the finish line. 
I found a video the other day that made my heart swell. It shows a father and his young daughter making history together. The father-daughter duo broke the Guinness world record for the fastest stroller half marathon. Together they finished in 1:11:27, breaking the previous record of 1:13:50. Calum Neff, the father, ran a pace of 5:27 per mile and finished almost 6 minutes before the next runner.



This dad sets an amazing example for his family and others that happen across his video. The open road welcomes all and will never quit on you. If you want it, all you have to do is get out there and take it!

Remember, a body in motion . . . stays in motion!

No comments:

Post a Comment