Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dirty is the Funniest Number

I wish I had written down all the funny things that my kids have said over the years. Each of them has come into the world with a unique personality and sense of humor. There has been no shortage of laughter in my life since they came into my life.

When Emmanuel was 3 years old I told him that I was going to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. He looked at me and declared, "Mom, I don't want a GIRL cheese sandwich, I want a BOY cheese sandwich!" I laughed so hard that day I just about cried. He was so serious in his demand, and that made it all the cuter.

Skye was about 6 years old when she came up to me and begged, "Mom can we please get a pimple?" I said a what? She said,  "A baby pimple, they're so cute!" She continued describing all the reasons she wanted a baby pimple, I finally realized that she wanted a baby pit-bull puppy.

I have about a million of these cute little anecdotes. My last one for today is another about Emmanuel. I can't quite remember how old he was when he came up to me and said, "Mom, do you know what the funniest number is?" I, of course, began throwing my guesses out. He finally ended the mystery when he said, "No! Dirty is the funniest number!" He was laughing so hard at this point, I couldn't help but join in! He thought that you pronounced 30 as dirty.

If I could give any parent some advice, it would be to write down these little memories because they are priceless!  

2 comments:

  1. This is hysterical. One year for mother's day I wrote about 20 of these types of things that I remembered saying to my mom as a kid. I think she still has that card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that!! It would be so cute to frame that card with all your "isms"!

      Delete