Friday, June 10, 2016

If you can' t beat 'em, join 'em


When we first moved to NYC it became my goal to find an activity that all of my kids could participate in. I wanted a one-stop-shop that could accommodate all 5 kiddos. The thought of running all around the city to 5 different after school activities was making me crazy and I hadn't even got in the car yet. The mission laid out before me was to find something that all 5 could not only participate in, but find something they would all like, and have that activity provide some sort of life skill. I soon found myself looking seriously at mixed martial arts. 

Through my research I found that mixed martial arts increases coordination, body awareness, strength, flexibility and aerobic fitness. It has the capacity to aid in developing a clear, focused mind and an unshakable spirit. Mixed martial arts programs have been specifically designed to build confidence and develop children to their fullest potential. The goal of mixed martial arts is to build a solid foundation in the lives of children by helping them achieve a healthy mind and body through martial arts instruction. This well-being will instill in them the self-confidence, focus and determination necessary to become strong and successful in every aspect of life. 

It is my goal to get kids moving and mixed martial arts does this and more. After all . . . a body in motion stays in motion.


No comments:

Post a Comment