Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Going Home

For the last three weeks my kiddos and I have been enjoying the Northwest. We have spent the majority of our time in Washington State and Idaho. Washington State is the place I like to call my forever home. 

Being a military family, my kids have lived all over country. In my heart our true home is the place where I spent my childhood. It is always bittersweet when we come to visit. We spend so much time visiting family and friends and making new memories. 

Today was the day that I had to say "Till next time". I hate saying good bye. My eyes are always overflowing with tears. I am like a faucet that someone forgot to turn off. My kids understand and hold my hands as we make our way through the airport. 

We have to keep moving though, I know one day we will come home to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment